POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Binary file I/O? : Re: Binary file I/O? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:24:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Binary file I/O?
From: Andrew Coppin
Date: 23 Apr 2003 13:57:50
Message: <3ea6d41e$1@news.povray.org>
> Have povray write the bianry data as a uuencoded txt file.  Then
> run through a separate uudecoder after thr render.

Actually... can anyone name a utility to do the decode? (Someone sent me
some email the other day, but somehow the attachment is now BASE-64 encoded
and the mailler thinks it's normal text, not an encoded attachment. Bloomin
daft thing...) I know various email clients do it as part of showing you
your email, but is there any utility which will do it for arbitary files?

Thanks.
Andrew.

PS. Is uuencode and BASE-64 the same or different?